Cliq outside the USA

Last Updated:

1. cliq_chick

cliq_chick New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and desperately looking for answers.

Has anyone been outside the US with their Cliq and been able to use wifi? I ask because I left the US two weeks ago for Belize and now my phone won't recognize any wifi networks that I know are available (I connect to it with my laptop and another phone).

If anyone has comments or suggestions please answer my cry for help. I really really would like to use wifi at home rather than PAY to connect via the local telephone company.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. limpysmalls

limpysmalls New Member

I spent 3 weeks in Bangkok last month and used the Hotel wifi on my Cliq the whole time with no issues. I think I even did an OTA update while I was there. Not sure why you would have a problem in Belize.

3. everkai90

everkai90 New Member

i'm new to android phones and I just got the cliq how will I know when I need to update my phone and how do I do it?

4. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

There is a bunch of info on this in the forums if you search but in a nutshell go to settings / about phone / system updates... it will tell you if you are on the latest update...

5. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

try removing that hot spot from the Wifi utility and then reconnecting... if not, I use We Fi from the market to connect to Wifis and it works great...
    Not really sure why its not doing it...