CLIQ touchscreen goes haywire when trying to use it when charging :(

Last Updated:

1. Fatboygixxer

Fatboygixxer New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, pretty new to the site but having some issues with the CLIQ. For some odd reason, whenever I try to use it when on a wall charger the phone's touchscreen goes crazy, not when using the car charger tho....any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

that happened to me when i tried charging using my DELL Latitude D600 laptop....but when i charge with everything else its perfectly fine (wall, car, work computer, girlfriends laptop).....i have solid info for you haha, just wanted to giv eyou the comfort of knowing youre not the only one

3. Coltknows

Coltknows Active Member

My Cliq does it at random. Top of screen moves to bottom, right side to the left, and yet, in the app tray, you still have to touch the normal spot. It does this way too much, though!

4. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen w/ some chargers on both my pre and my ex's cliq. i think it has to do more w/ the chargers not using the right pins in the usb connector, or a little bleed between wires in cable in some sheep cables/chargers. but i did take note that the 2 chargers that caused this were rated at a lower amp output then the normal chargers for both these phones

5. lynnz5946

lynnz5946 New Member

Mine did that when I got a new charger, I took it back and found out u have to use a motorola charger. I got one and have never had a problem since.

6. saint82270

saint82270 New Member

I had the same problem with an after market charger I got off ebay. I had to return it. I actually just ended up buying a mini-usb to micro usb adapter and use my G1 charger now. Found them on amazon for like 2 bucks each. Hope that helps.