• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clock and weather

gopens

Feb 26, 2010
Hey folks. I am curious if anybody else has a problem with the weather app that is default when you use android. I have the HTC Hero. I really like the look of the big clock with the weather. But the weather on mine is WAY OFF and it drives me crazy. The cweather is always 8-14 degrees off from what the real temp is and the weather icon is also off most of the time. It may be cloudy and it will show rain. or it may be sunny and it will show partly cloudy. Now I know that they must use a tower that is not close to my house. But I live in a small town and there is no way that the temp is 14 degrees hotter 3 miles away at the same elevation. this is frustrating because I really like the look of the clock/weather widget. I just use the weather channels widget and it is close to spot on. But it does not have the same look as HTCs. I also used weather bug and it was off too. Not as bad as HTCs but still off. Any ideas

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones