Clock app/widgetGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that when i set the alarm clock using htc clock widget, if I kill the clock task using advanced task killer, the alarm doesn't go off. Is this really how it works? I feel like the clock and its alarms should just run as part of the system. Any possible solutions?

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Why would you kill the clock task?

3. zetroc

As a means to save battery but not running as many apps? Flawed reasoning?

I'm trying not to leave my phone plugged in overnight to be good to my battery since its not that great anyway. Thoughts?

4. zetroc

As a means to save battery but not running as many apps? Flawed reasoning?

I'm trying not to leave my phone plugged in overnight to be good to my battery since its not that great anyway. Thoughts?

5. genekim1

genekim1 Member

I used ATK for a couple days and liked it, but no longer use it.

When I had it running, it didn't catch alarm clock on the kill list. If it does, then you can use IGNORE function from ATK and ignore to kill alarm clock, that way it stays on.

But again, when I used ATK, whenever I look at ATK to kill some apps manually, it never showed alarm clock as running app. I had my SECURITY SETTING at HIGH.

6. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

I have not woken up the last 2 days on time as none of the 4 alarms I set went off.
    I think I may have killed the clock after setting the alarm via the taskkiller but if I go to home and I see the clock there and then go to night mode and press the MOON and STAR the clock appears and stays lit all night if plugged in and is dim.

But the time rolls around and the alarm does not go off.

I even tested to make sure it worked last night before going to bed. I tested it for 2 minutes out in time and it went off.

Then I did it again and plugged it in and laid it down were it was to sit all night and it went off.

Then I set it for the real time 8 hours out and 8 hours and 5 and 10 and 15 minutes out 4 alarms.

None went off wehn I picked up the phone they had all gone by. Then I pulled out the cord and 2 minute later a snooze went off?

I do ot understand how to use the alarm. It works for me all the time except after sleeping and needing it to wake me up!

I also noticed that both the night modes will go into lock mode and you have to power the phone up and swipe to see the time if it is not plugged in. So all my tests and failures have been plugged in.

What is the trick? I even read the manual!

7. pikappetapi022

pikappetapi022 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there is a alarm clock widget or shortcut?