Clock/Desk CradleSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hapdroid

Hapdroid Member This Topic's Starter

OK all, this is my 3rd attempt to get some help. I need to have a bedside alarm clock that shows tome, etc. the desk cradle function would be perfect but you cannot bypass the screen shutdown function. is there ant way I can bypass? I have tried a couple of free apps fo alarm clock, but so far they all have too many quirks. HELP PLEASE!!!

PS: I am using the Samsung Fascinate

Advertisement
  2. Hapdroid

By the way I am using the Samsung Fascinate if that helps. Thanks

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If it is just the screen shutting off that you are trying to prevent then you can go to Settings > Applications > Development and check Stay Awake. Then if you put the phone on the charger at night it won't shut off the screen. If you want an app that more or less does the same thing there are a couple of apps like Screebl for example that will do this. If you only want this to happen at a specific time and place then Tasker may be able to help.

BTW, I'm going to move this over to the Samsung Fascinate forum for you.

Hapdroid likes this.
  4. Hapdroid

Ofthedamned: Holy cow beautiful lady, I thank you so very much. I am only a 5 days into the Android OS so alot of this is new to me. I made the change from BB which I absolutely hated, I will try that out tonight. Makes me feel quite foolish, but oh well. Thanks again, I would welcome a neck bite from you any time if that is truly you. LOL

5. BrennB

BrennB Member

I'm a week old Fascinate owner and wanted more customization for bedside like I hade with my BB ... Try. "bedside" app by Daniel Velazco. Works great, has time out bypass, alarm, dimmers settings, white lists, etc

Hapdroid likes this.
  6. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

+1 for Bedside. You can also put shortcuts on the clock screen.

7. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

I will warn you that AMOLED can get image burn in. Be careful leaving images/text on the screen for long periods of time.

8. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I use Kaloer Clock. Has a Screensaver option built into it also so no screen burn.