Clock not refreshingSupport

Last Updated:

1. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Curious if anyone has come across this issue. It seems like the time on my phone (system time, and time on the Beautiful Widget home screen) randomly does not update. I don't ever wear a watch and use my phone as an alarm (this morning it woke me up 15 minutes late after snoozing a few times) so this has become a bit of an issue since i can't ever seem to trust whether the time my phone says is right. I have the original droid on the updated version of Froyo and have never rooted. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Is your Droid syncing with the time of your network?

3. dbernard82

I guess i don't know. What do you mean by the time of my network? my phone company network? home internet network?

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

No, your cellular network. The toggle is found under "settings", then "time and date". Look for a checkbox at the top called "automatic", which allows the phone to calibrate its clock to match whatever time Verizon says it is.

5. dbernard82

Thanks for the tip. Wish it was that easy. I checked and it looks like it is set to update from the cell network.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Running as task killer?

7. dbernard82

Nope. No Task Killer either. i've used one in the past, but never really kept up with using it, so i uninstalled to save some spcae and keep things as clean as possible.

8. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Has it happened more than once?

9. dbernard82

Yeah i have noticed it several times, seemingly at random. The only think i've been able to guess is that it has something to do with my car dock and media dock. I've got the standard moto docks. it seems that my phone isn't too snappy at closing out of the dock modes when i remove them from the docks. i wonder if it's freezing when i take it out of the dock and not refreshing?

10. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Not having a car dock myself, I could only guess. Have you tried yet to reproduce that, specifically checking it right after you insert or remove it?

dbernard82 likes this.
  11. dbernard82

i haven't tried that yet. i will have to give it a shot. I really appreciate you're help. I will have to pay a little more attention the next time i notice it happening.

12. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I'm fairly sure there are alternative car dock apps, so you could always monkey around with one of those

13. dbernard82

yeah. i've used a few of them in the past, but they seem to slow things down in terms of the phone performance. i may have to give them another shot if i discover that it is the docking that's causing the issue.