clock on display on sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. gag

gag New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an application which allows to have a clock running on the screen while on sleep?

Advertisement
  2. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

There are ways to do this but it is strongly recommended that you don't as it will drastically reduce the life of the screen.

If you do a quick search there was another thread on this in the past few weeks.

3. channelsurfer

channelsurfer Well-Known Member

I use the HTC supplied Desk Clock app .... There's a function in there that is designed for 'night mode' and shows a dimmed display of time, date and next alarm set time.

Just hit the moon\star icon towards the bottom of the main Desk Clock screen. The display moves around the screen, like a PC screensaver and the screen doesn't go off, if charging.

I use my Desire in a dock on my bedside cabinet every night like this, as a night time clock and alarm clock, works perfectly for me!

4. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

I do the same - the desk clock application. As it is an app, you can create a shortcut to it on screen (though I would choose a custom shortcut or icon as the stock icon is horrible). At night, I plug it in then hit the icon. This brings up the night display - sorted. It also shows when the alarm is due to go off.