clock on lock screen takes a while to load when pwr on.Support

Last Updated:

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

Hi, i am just wondering if this is normal, if i restart or just power up my s4, the clock on the lock screen seems to take a long time to load.
    my screen shows with my pin security code but no clock, about 5 - 8 secs later the clock will show.

I also use the digital clock widget on my home screen which is a very small yet great clock and even that seems to take a while to load if i open my phone after starting it.

I found this with my older s2 as well but i thought with a big change in hardware it might load these a little faster?

Do other people find theirs are the same?

james

Advertisement
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I have an N4 rather than an S4 and while I don't have that issue, there have been reports of phones slowing drastically when the available internal space gets low - say below around 1GB. Maybe something to do with paging, I don't know.

Do you have over 1GB free ..?
  3. Stu675

Stu675 Well-Known Member

So you are using a downloaded widget on your lockscreen it is loading slow? If so that is most likely your issue, it is an app, so it is going to be the last thing to load most likely.
  4. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

i have about 7gb free at the moment.

the widget on the home screen is just a secondary issue, the clock on the lock screen isnt actually a seperate app is it? its part of the samsung rom.
  5. Dnomac

Dnomac Active Member

I noticed the same thing often when I wake up my phone. The stock clock lags a bit to refresh the clock from the time I last had the screen on. I have at least 7gigs of internal space free.
  6. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with lockscreen clockm I think its normal