• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clock on lock

Mr Lahey

Sep 23, 2010
I have had the Desire now for about 6 months and love it. The one thing though that i have never quite got used to is the blank screen when you lock it.

I have to manually click on desktop clock at night and during the day it involves a having to press the power button to see the time.
I appreciate this is nothing major, but is there any way i can have the clock on the screen whilst locked without having to manually activate desktop clock?
I dont want to root the phone so am looking for some software or way of doing it, still running 2.1 on Orange.

Thanks in advance

Leaving the screen on all the time will flatten the battery which is why it is not possible. One quick press of the power button brings up the "lock" screen which shows the time on my Desire.

Ok, when im out in the car i have the phone on charge and when im in bed it is on charge. Is there a way that when plugged in and locked the clock shows?

Upvote 0
The last phone I had was N96 and i cant hremember a phone that didn't have the time showing upon lock.
You need to think harder...I can't think of a single touchscreen phone that leaves the screen on to display the time.
I cant honestly see how it can use so much battery?
Where have you been hiding, in a cave?
The screen is one of the highest drain components in a smartphone, if not the highest. Leaving the screen on all the time will kill the battery in a few hours.
I am a bit surprised tbh it isnt part of the settings?
As another suggested, there is a setting to leave the screen on while charging, but I don't recommend that as it will wear the screen MUCH faster if it's on 100% for a total of 8-10 hours a day. Just get used to the fact that touchscreens are large and eat a lot of battery, and tap the power button when you want to see the time.

Or buy a watch.
:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones