clock speedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

just flashed ics .229. how do I check processor clock speed

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You can download quadrant standard to check the clock speed. That info is under system info.
    kickbutkuss likes this.
  3. Bankswood

Thanks. I'm still at 1000.
  4. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I'm starting to thank maybe they locked newer Bionics @ 1000Mhz, I got mine in April. some will overclock to 1200Mhz and some won't, it seems the luck of the draw.
  5. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

When did you purchase your Bionic?
  6. Bankswood

n early June 2012
  7. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

Opening Day for Bionic
    I'm at 1.2

Good theory...newer Bionics locked at 1.0
  8. AurJohn

AurJohn Well-Known Member

Nope, got mine on opening day, locked at 1.0...
    DanDroide likes this.
  9. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member

Purchased 4/12 im @ 1200....but my quadrant scores are lower than i thought..... any reason why....
  10. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

NEW THEORY (LOL):

Maybe it was REGIONAL.

I got my Bionic in South Florida and bought it on release day.
    1.2 Ghz here btw.
  11. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

I bought mine the week it was released in Georgia but I will have to wait until the OTA as I have not installed the leaks.

I will post as soon as I know!

After installing .246 I am at 1.2ghz...
  12. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Lol Dan! I dont know if were ever gonna find out why some bionics are locked to 1ghz.
    DanDroide likes this.
  13. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Maybe the ICS leak for the bionic can sense your brains ability to process things through the touch screen and decides if the owner can handle the higher speed. Just saying that's my theory because no one else can figure it out. Oh and mine is clocked @ 1.2ghz
    dautley, xmr405o and DanDroide like this.
  14. dautley

As I've said the chips that fail 1200Ghz for Razr got retested at 1000Ghz for use in Bionic instead of scrapped. Of course most chips pass the 1200Ghz test so they got used in Bionic to. So some overclock fine and some won't under ICS.
    It's the only theory that makes any sense.
  15. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Interesting. So, they put in failed CPUs in my BIONIC 2 months before they even put ht RAZR out?

Mine is a day one purchase, and I have yet to see 1.2 GHz. I think it has to do with the time I upgrade to 5.X.893 and then tried to revert to 5.5.886 back in the day....
  16. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I am still sticking with my theory....
  17. johnlgalt

Then I'd be a 4.0 :p
  18. dautley

I'm sticking with yours and mine which are basically the same thing I believe.:D
  19. GatorLCA

GatorLCA Member

I'm running ICS .232 (didn't check prior builds) but I'm at 1.2 and I got mine shortly after release
    johnlgalt likes this.
  20. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Mines at 1.2 and I bought it on release day.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  21. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

Bought mine on release day in Atlanta and have been clocked at 1.2GHz on all the ICS leaks. Wife's Bionic is the same way.

Not sure I understand the theory about Bionic CPUs having failed the stability test for the Razr. If that were the case, then none of them should be stable @ 1.2GHz, no? Otherwise they would have been used in a Razr instead.

My money is on the theory that the upgrade performs a stability (or possibly heat) test prior to first booting into ICS, and clocks the CPU based on the results. Either that or it's just some kind of glitch.
  22. johnlgalt

Bought mine at CostCo in Morrow drop day - drove up from Warner Robins, got to CostCo about 45 minutes before the phones were released. First customer to get one (second phone overall, b/c the WA kiosk manager bought one for herself).

And I'm on 1.0 GHz.

I tried cooling the phone down a lot using compressed air on the last time I performed the upgrade. Made no difference. Still at 1.0.
  23. johnlgalt

I might have stumbled onto something.

I compared the contents of my kpanic partition with two other users, both of whom get 1.2 GHz (remember, I don't).

Theirs were empty. Mine is full of data, 1400 lines of it.

Coincidence? I think not.

I'll test tomorrow and see.
  24. jellyhead

jellyhead Active Member

Ordered mine from verizonwireless.com before store release. Mine is at 1.2ghz

CPU
    Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 2(v7)
    Current freq.: 1200 MHz
    Max freq.: 1200 MHz
    Min freq.: 300 MHz
    Cores: 2
    Architecture: 7
    BogoMPS: 2388.6
    Hardware: mapphone_CDMA
    Revision: 2
    Serial #: 0000000000000000
  25. Thom