Clock Widget lagSupport

Last Updated:

1. kallop

kallop New Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the factory-stock clock widget. I have noticed recently that when the phone "sleeps" the widget will not update the time. However, the clock that shows up on the locked screen is correct. The widget is also my alarm clock and since is does not update, it does not work. It was working fine for the first 2 weeks. Being very new to smart phones, I am sure I changed something or downloaded an app that messes with the updating... Can anyone offer some help?

Advertisement
  2. mlc331

mlc331 Well-Known Member

I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago myself. I KNOW that it wasn't always like that. It used to be dead-on-accurate as soon as the screen came up. Now you can see it change.

What gives???

3. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Same here, not sure why it does this. My alarm still works thought, just the widget takes a second to update the time when I turn the screen on.

4. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

My wife uses the big HTC clock/weather widget and last night at 9:30pm it said it was sunny. Any idea why its not updating??

5. kallop

kallop New Member This Topic's Starter

Are you using the alarm on the clock widget. How could it work if the clock is not updating??

Also, to the guy whose wife has the sunny weather pic at nite... she should be able to set how often it updates, every hour, 8 hours...

So at least 1 other person has seen this. Anyone know how to fix the lag in the clock widget??? I dont want to factory reset and I dont want to delete factory apps... With my luck (and lack of smart phoone knowledge) I will mess the phone up....

6. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

I have been noticing this as well. A few weeks ago, the clock/weather was ALWAYS accurate as soon as the phone was turned on. Now I can see the time switch, sometimes showing 2+ hours difference even though it was on minutes prior. :confused: