• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clock Woes - Columbia, MO (not SC)

jjw14

Nov 2, 2009
Love my Hero, but.... I live in Columbia, Missouri (Central Time Zone). When I add the HTC Clock widget, I set my "home" to Central Time under the "World Clock" page.

As soon as I return to my home screen, the little clock hands swing around and show Eastern Time (an hour off), with "Columbia" listed as the city underneath. I tap on the clock and the World Clock window comes up. Only "Home" is listed with Central Time. If I try to "Add City" and search for "Columbia, MO", the only Columbia that comes up is Columbia, SC (Eastern).

For some reason, I think the phone is reading the location as "Columbia", but because the Missouri city is not in the database, it defaults to the South Carolina time.

Makes the nice widget useless to me. :( Any suggestions/fixes?

EDIT: If I add a clock from the "Android" Widgets, the time is displayed correctly. Not sure why? Anyway, I'll stick with the Android clock for now.

Much appreciated in advance,
jjw

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones