Clockword Recovery at boot?

Last Updated:

1. Y2HBK

Y2HBK Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. I restored my X using my nandroid backup. Upon following the steps to apply Apex's ROM, everyone was going fine. I signed into my google account on my phone. Once I made it to the home screen, everything was black and still is. No matter how many times I power cycle or pull the battery its black.

How can I boot into recovery to run my restore again?

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I've got a file that will get you into it. But...

I don't remember where I got it so I'd have to email it to you
    It has to be put on the root of your SD card (you'll have to pull the SD and put the file on it via computer)
    and
    You'll need to boot into Moto's recovery to apply it

If you are OK with all that, PM me your email and I'll send you the file.

3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Try this:

Turn off your phone, then plug in the usb cord from your computer. Hopefully your phone will power up automatically and go into recovery.

4. Y2HBK

Y2HBK Member This Topic's Starter

The darn thing just keeps booting into the blank home screen even trying the method above. I checked my SD card and i dont have the update.zip file anywhere for CWR.

Whats funny is I can still use the pulldown menu from the top and I can hold the magnifying glass and launch voice input. Is there a voice command that can get me in the apps drawer?

**EDIT** I was able to use voice to navigate to the marketplace and launch from there. Imagine that. I think ill be ok now. Thanks guys.