• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork Mod Errors?

phantom27

Nov 7, 2009
Here is my problem. I've been running Sonofskywalker3's 4.01 DL30 rom for a couple of days (loving it). I installed an app that broke my "back" button. I booted into recovery (the stock one) and did a full wipe reinstall. Then I was stuck in a boot loop.

I used Odin to flash a DL09 tar from here. Then I rooted using this method.

Every time I tried flashing a ROM I got an error about not having signed files. I installed ClockworkMod from here using the Red install listed near the bottom.

Now I can boot into ClockworkMod 2.5.0.4 (green) from ROM Manager and at one point I was able to manually boot into the RED ClockworkMod by manually holding down both volume buttons at boot up, applying the sdcard:update.zip in the stock recovery (2e).

I tried to flash the DL30 ROM again from ROM Manager (Sonofskywalker's ROM). I just get errors saying "Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1) (Device or resource busy).

I thought it might be the SD Card so I tried a different SD Card and exact same error. I even got the same error with the RED ClockworkMod

Is there a way I can flash something with Odin and get it to work? Right now I'm in the phone (not bricked) but I don't have vibrate (really weird). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Current Phone Specs:
Hardware version: i500.04
Model Number: SCH-I500
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: S:i500.04 V.DL09
Kernel version: 2.6.29
Build Number: SCH-I500.DL09

ROM Manager v3.0.0.7
Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.0.4

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones