• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clockwork Recovery 5.5.0.4

my apologies, seems there are some differences between it and the connect.

compiling a new test version now, REALLY wish i had known this prior to submitting. as it stands you guys might have to use official cwm and then if you wanna use internal storage use the installer

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/cayman/cwmrecovery.img

replace the other cwm with this one (in the installer .zip)

Not sure what you mean by "if you wanna use internal storage " ... I followed you're original instructions and everything works great. What I'd really like to work on is combining the internal and external SD cards into one partition.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by "if you wanna use internal storage " ... I followed you're original instructions and everything works great. What I'd really like to work on is combining the internal and external SD cards into one partition.

Sorry that's not possible. That cwm however will allow you to use internal storage to flash

Upvote 0

compiling a new test version now, REALLY wish i had known this prior to submitting. as it stands you guys might have to use official cwm and then if you wanna use internal storage use the installer

So how do I update CWM if I already have the official CWM installed along with ROM Manager and Quick Boot? I'd really like to be able to use internal storage to backup and restore nandroids.

Upvote 0

Ok I've installed the new recovery and we are having a MAJOR issue. After install I can reboot into recovery ONCE... after I leave recovery and go back to system, I can never return to recovery... just hangs on the LG screen prior to boot animation no matter what I do.
HELP!!! :(

Upvote 0
Ok a few things I've noticed with the new test version that I would like to help solve if possible:

1) MOUNTS AND STORAGE > MOUNT USB STORAGE : Doesn't work no matter what you do

2) MOUNTS AND STORAGE > FORMAT /sdcard/_ExternalSD : Also doesn't work

3) When mounting SDCARD, both sdcard and _ExternalSD mount and unmount together which is expected but via ADB shell, only have access to internal storage. _ExternalSD shows up inside the sdcard folder but it is empty. If you try to adb push anything to it, it rewrites the fold and names it _ExternalSD_backup and seems to screw everything up.
I'm thinking the mount command is linking the mount point to the wrong block... idk

4) back up and restore only gives you the option to back up to internal storage... REALLY would like to back up to _ExternalSD

Upvote 0
Ok I've installed the new recovery and we are having a MAJOR issue. After install I can reboot into recovery ONCE... after I leave recovery and go back to system, I can never return to recovery... just hangs on the LG screen prior to boot animation no matter what I do.
HELP!!! :(

hook up to computer and have lucid drivers and lg mobile support tool write down s/n and imei and put into download mode and restore it under options
and itll take about 30 mins but it unroots stock and resets everything

hope i helped :)

Upvote 0
Hmmmm....

So I am now rooted. I've properly installed CWM onto my phone. Here's where it's ridiculous. I've tried to enter recovery by Quick Boot as well as ROM Manager to flash the delooper. Once I flash it and it gives me the OK, I reboot and go back into recovery. When I flash the Broken Out ROM and reboot, it hangs in looping mode at the LG logo. What am I doing wrong? This is the suckiest experience I've had to date with rooting and flashing custom ROMs with any Android phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
IMO there aren't any roms out there for this phone ready for prime time.

The 'Broken Out' Rom for the Connect won't work with this phone. You'll get the boot loop like you've been having. There is a 'beta' version for the Lucid floating around, but that one was still pretty incomplete (i.e. it didn't have the theme or some of the other features of the Broken Out ROM.

To date, development for this phone has been pretty much a bust. I can't even really get CWM to work completely on this phone. I keep having to re-flash CWM and fix permissions to even be able to get into recovery.

Having come from the OG Incredible, which had phenomenal development, to this phone has been a pretty big disappointment. My only hope is that they send out the ICS upgrade soon (or maybe even jelly bean).

Upvote 0
Hmmmm....

So I am now rooted. I've properly installed CWM onto my phone. Here's where it's ridiculous. I've tried to enter recovery by Quick Boot as well as ROM Manager to flash the delooper. Once I flash it and it gives me the OK, I reboot and go back into recovery. When I flash the Broken Out ROM and reboot, it hangs in looping mode at the LG logo. What am I doing wrong? This is the suckiest experience I've had to date with rooting and flashing custom ROMs with any Android phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find a solution to this? I loop at the lg screen, too. I can get into download mode, and the stock "recovery," but I can't do anything from either of those screens.

"Stock Recovery" is a one trick "wipe" pony and the LG Support Tool won't see my phone in download mode. I have installed the usb drivers as well.

I didn't realize a bootloop = brick.

Upvote 0
Did you find a solution to this? I loop at the lg screen, too. I can get into download mode, and the stock "recovery," but I can't do anything from either of those screens.

"Stock Recovery" is a one trick "wipe" pony and the LG Support Tool won't see my phone in download mode. I have installed the usb drivers as well.

I didn't realize a bootloop = brick.

I think I answered my own question. After several hours of fighting with it, I found that the trick is to connect the looping phone via usb to your computer while the Support Tool is up. Then, at the moment the Support Tool indicates that it has seen your phone, hold power and the two volume buttons to send the phone to download mode. You have a small window to do this. If you miss it by even one second, the LG Support Tool decides that it can't connect to your phone and gives up.

Long and short: Putting a looping phone into download mode, and then physically connecting it to your laptop with the LG Tool open will not yield results. You must connect while looping to get it to work.

I hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
I think I answered my own question. After several hours of fighting with it, I found that the trick is to connect the looping phone via usb to your computer while the Support Tool is up. Then, at the moment the Support Tool indicates that it has seen your phone, hold power and the two volume buttons to send the phone to download mode. You have a small window to do this. If you miss it by even one second, the LG Support Tool decides that it can't connect to your phone and gives up.

Long and short: Putting a looping phone into download mode, and then physically connecting it to your laptop with the LG Tool open will not yield results. You must connect while looping to get it to work.

I hope this helps someone.

Lol you guys are cute. All you have to do start with your phone totally off. Then open the support tool. Goto customer support > recovery phone. Enter the IMEI. This will launch phase two of the support tool that won't bother checking for your phone. When it complains that it can't find your phone, then connect your phone via download mode which is as easy as just connect USB then hold volume buttons. Easy as pie and your done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones