• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork recovery install question

did some research and seems as though there are generic recoveries that can be flashed to devices or some devices are similar to others not really sure about the details as I am a noob when it comes to custom roms been rooting for a while but never really got to the replacement of the entire rom any Idea or suggestions would be great.

P.S. am familiar with java coding an C++ so come all techies

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to access the recovery menu on this tab
?

I use command: adb reboot recovery

However there isn't much to do in there, there are also recovery apps in the play store.

I believe volume down and power on also dumps u to recovery.

I have managed to get latest version of twrp compiled, just working on flashing it, looks like I'll need to get linux daul boot working since my windows won't recognize the tablet when in fast boot. Hoping to get it flashed this week, then share

Upvote 0
I use command: adb reboot recovery

However there isn't much to do in there, there are also recovery apps in the play store.

I believe volume down and power on also dumps u to recovery.

I have managed to get latest version of twrp compiled, just working on flashing it, looks like I'll need to get linux daul boot working since my windows won't recognize the tablet when in fast boot. Hoping to get it flashed this week, then share
@detcup4evr

Any luck in successfully getting TWRP installed and running without hiccups?
I've been searching around for information on this tablet like everyone else here and noticed your post on XDA (in the TWRP guide thread), so if not... that's a shame.

On the other hand, if everything is going fine for you then do you mind sharing your efforts? I've no doubt they'd be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones