Clockwork recovery mounting issues.

Last Updated:

1. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, if this has been asked/answered, i really apologize. i have searched and searched, and i havent found an answer to my problem.

so, i installed FlyX. it went swimmingly. when i went to re-install nextheme, i got the error:
    Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

so, i thought i would try to recover one of my nandroid backups. same problem. tried to do it thru ROM manager. same problem. backed up my SD card, formatted it. same....well, you get the idea.

so, i tried on a brand new x, installed rooted 2.2 and clockwork on the brand new one, and had the SAME problem. i am thinking that maybe something about a file on the SD may be corrupt?? i even tried a brand new 16 GB card, and had the same issue. has anyone encountered this? i dont really care too much about installing nextheme, but i dont want to not be able to recover if i get in a messy situation.
    i thought about .sbf, but if it does it on a brand new phone, then that shouldnt fix the issue.
    i will keep trying different things, but i figured before i spent the evening pulling my hair out, maybe someone here has experienced this and will have an answer.

thanks in advance,
    sund0wn

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i think i got it. i was using an old version of the recovery bootstrapper i had saved on my SD card. i installed the newer version from the market that i had already paid for, and it worked just fine.