clockwork recovery placing zip on sd..

Last Updated:

1. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been rooted for about 2 weeks now on my new incredible and I have not had any problems so this is just a curiosity question. There is a zip on the base of my SD card named update.zip. Now i think I narrowed it down to the flash clockwork recovery in Rom manager and I was wondering if this file should be there at all times or is i the latest clockwork that keeps getting placed when I activate that flash that doesn't need to be there? Any insite would be awesome thanks!

Advertisement
  2. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

I would say it is from something you installed already. Delete the file, its not needed anymore.

3. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. Then I ran a rom backup from Rom Manager and CW borked after that. If I went to boot loader it opened CW and just would give an error that said it could not find /cache/update.zip. Not sure but, I think with ROM Manager you need to keep that update.zip file. I flashed CW again from RM and that seemed to fix the problem. It also put the update.zip back on my card.

I did some searching and some folks have been bricked using ROM Manager. Evidently it creates "fake" recoveries. I don't understand any of this but I'm trying to understand it better.

If I run any nandroid backup or restores I am manually booting into CW to do it.

4. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

I do all my installs through Clockwork. I have never installed anything through rom manager, except the evo camera app. Seems strange to have a "fake" recovery. But I know if your through with an update file on the sd card, it should be removed.