Clockwork RESTORE?

Last Updated:

1. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my phone back from repair (dusting). I did a Clockwork restore.
    I heard Clockwork doesn't back up the radio.
    Do I need to re-flash the radio in order to continue using CM6.1RC1 or am I OK to forget about this and just use my phone?
    =========================================
    EDIT: it doesn't back up the radio.

NOW: If I flash the updated radio. then upgrade to CM6.1 stable from CM6.1RC1...

what kinda trouble am i getting myself into since I am not WIPING after updating the radio?

Advertisement
  2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

You're right about your first question; Clockwork, and Amon_Ra, do not backup radios.
    You shouldn't need to wipe before upgrading to CM6.1 Stable, but you should wipe Cache and wipe Dalvik_Cache before. Also reflash the latest gapps package.

AnotherFatalEpic likes this.
  3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried downloading through ROM Manager but got a download error when it came to the gapps download.

However, I went ahead and tried installing the ROM from ROM Manager, did a WIPE anyway because I just got my phone from repair (hadn't seen your reply yet so I figured better safe then sorry) and all the Google Apps appear to be there (minus the shitty apps like Amazon MP3, Twitter, etc.) which is interesting because the gapps zip I'm familiar with installs all the bloatware along with Google's Apps.