ClockworkMod 5.0.2.7 Installer For ICS Only

1. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Well-Known Member Developer

Here's a quick & easy way to install cwm on your S24G SPH-D710VMUB with windows, Extract these files to wherever your adb/sdk setup is & run the installer.bat file it will automatically install the recovery & reboot the phone. Make sure your usb debugging is turned on in your settings developers options.

The buttons are volume up & down to select, the home button is select, The power button is back, & if you press the volume up repeatedly it will say back button enabled.

Or you can switch the zimage out for whatever recovery zimage you want & run it. Enjoy.:D
    (I've had the most luck with agat's zImage's, just swap it.)

Link: Dev-Host - SPH-D710 CWM 5.0.2.7 Installer.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Advertisement
    sqwerl and allenmburns like this.
  2. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Well-Known Member

I tried to run the .bat file and it says device not found.

Edit: I think I may not have had android debugging turned on.

3. Lanman1978

Got it to install, but it does not respond to any of my key presses. Any idea how top get this working? I am running the jellbean leak ROM if that has anything to do with it.
  4. Jaay Dogg

You need to put adb with it or put it where your adb/sdk setup is, then open a command prompt & type cd c:/ADB (this is my adb folder on my C:/ drive) put whatever your adb/sdk folder is called then press enter. then type adb devices & press enter. Drag the install.bat file into the cmd prompt & press enter. it will then install.
  5. Lanman1978

It installs, but my key presses don't do anything. I give up this is useless. Sorry.

6. Jaay Dogg

The buttons do work there just off, they are volume up & down to select, the home button is select, The power button is back, & if you press the volume up repeatedly it will say back button enabled. I'm working on the touch clockwork 5.8.1.5 everything works in it, I'm having trouble getting the zip to compile into an .img or zImage got the non touch version to work, so shouldn't be long hopefully.;)
    dueltothedeath likes this.
  7. Spexor

Spexor Member

I followed the directions and it rebooted my phone but now it's just sitting at the SGII boot screen...... any ideas?
  8. Jaay Dogg

oh ya that's an easy one hold down power & volume until it boots into odin mode download odin & use any rooted/restore you want to or the kernel needs to reflashed to whatever you were running before. let me know if you still need more help
  9. Spexor

Spexor Member

I've got Odin 3.07 and I am unable to find any guides on how to use it regarding the SGII 4G. I've rooted/flashed a triumph and Evo V but haven't had this much trouble finding step by step guides for a phone before :-\
  10. Jeezus

Jeezus Member

Do I have to be rooted first in order to install this recovery? Or will installing this recovery give me root access?
  11. sqwerl

sqwerl Well-Known Member

How would you backup and/or restore the stock recovery?

ETA:
    The reason I ask is on some phones it's fairly easy to copy the factory recovery image while in download mode. Not sure if that's possible on this phone or not.