ClockworkMod backup very small

1. rdefino

rdefino Well-Known Member

I'm backup up my nexus using CWM 6.0.1.9 and the backups take some time to do, but when I look at the backups from my pc they are about 20mb total.

doesn't seem right?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

this changed ever since the CWM hit version 6.

there's now a 'blobs' folder that holds a bunch of data. after you make your first backup, supposedly, future backups go faster, because CWM uses that 'blobs' folder to know what's changed and what's stayed the same. or something like that.
  3. rdefino

rdefino Well-Known Member

ahhhh, thanks.

Is there a way to start over and just create a full backup then?

can I delete these blobs?
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

If you delete the blobs the backup will not restore.

If you want a more 'traditional' backup... switch to twrp
  5. mrhomiec

or find a CWM that is in the version 5 range.
  6. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

CWM 6.0.1.5 and up allows you to choose your backup format. If you go to backup and restore, you will see the option. Selecting "tar" format will give you the backup format you are familiar with.

I suggest you delete the entire clockworkmod directory, then go into recovery, select the default format you want, then rerun your nandroid backup. Once you select your preferred nandroid format, stick with it.

If you use CWM 6.0.1.9, it should now be compatible with JB 4.2
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  7. mrhomiec

on an off-topic question- how does the in-app purchase work? is it tied to my google account?

what happens when i flash a new ROM and re-install ROM Manager?

will i be able to use it on different devices? (i have this tablet and the Galaxy S3)
  8. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

ok so if i was to move the clockworkmod folder to my desktop pc and wipe my device clean and then move it back to my sdcard would i be able to restore? im having an issue with it being so small. its a little unsettling.
  9. Lordvincent 90

You would have to make sure you copy the blobs folder as well...(if you copy the whole clockwork folder it will be included) BUT I recommend zipping it up first. Windows doesn't differentiate between capitals and lower case letters the way Linux (android) does. If you just copy the files over it may end up overwriting some of them. (Happened to me) and your backups will be useless :(
  10. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

im transferring it to ubuntu over the air :) i should be fine right? the blobs folder is in the clockworkmod folder right?
  11. Lordvincent 90

Yep. You should be fine :)