• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod not working

davidsports

Jan 2, 2014
Here is my situation: I have an HTC Evo Design 4g from FreedomPop, and when I plug in my phone and it is turned off, ClockworkMod appears. I use the volume keys to go up and down, but when I push the power button on my phone, it just turns on, and doesn't select anything in ClockworkMod. My phone doesn't have a camera button, and the "home" button doesn't work in ClockworkMod, so my power button should be the one.

Also, when I push the power button, the next menu pops up for literally half a second, then my phone starts.

How can I use ClockworkMod normally?

Thanks,

davidsports

My FreedomPop phone behaved the same way. I loaded an app to choose reboots to recovery mode. I use "Rebooter" but I am sure there are others. When I am in ICS, I use the app "Rebooter" and select to reboot to recovery. This gets me to a working CWM menu.

Thank you. I want to try that, but I have one question. I see there are more than one apps called "Rebooter" so, who is it by? (The one you use successfully.)

Thanks,

David

Upvote 0
There is a great app in the Play Store called Rom Toolbox that will handle this functionality plus a whole bunch of other things like CPU speed, a root browser, font replacement etc...
There's a free version or a paid version with a few more features. It's pretty much an all-in one root enabled toolbox. It's been around for a long time and I've used it on three or for Android phones over the years.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
There is a great app in the Play Store called Rom Toolbox that will handle this functionality plus a whole bunch of other things like CPU speed, a root browser, font replacement etc...
There's a free version or a paid version with a few more features. It's pretty much an all-in one root enabled toolbox. It's been around for a long time and I've used it on three or for Android phones over the years.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll check it out later when I can.

Thanks,

David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones