• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockworkmod Recovery not replacing stock

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but when I load ROM Manager it says I have 2.5.0.7 but when I try to do something like flash a new rom from rom manager it boots to recovery then immediately shows error ! sign and boots normally. When I use Manually boot into recovery it shows Clockworkmod 2.5.0.6. Another possible issue is that Clockworkmod recovery never replaced my stock recovery. (not sure if thats normal either) Thanks for any ideas.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but when I load ROM Manager it says I have 2.5.0.7 but when I try to do something like flash a new rom from rom manager it boots to recovery then immediately shows error ! sign and boots normally. When I use Manually boot into recovery it shows Clockworkmod 2.5.0.6. Another possible issue is that Clockworkmod recovery never replaced my stock recovery. (not sure if thats normal either) Thanks for any ideas.
did you install Koush bootstrap loader from the market?,,,,,rom manager needs it to work ...that being said i prefer to go through bootstrap for manual installs and what not

Upvote 0
Clockwork recovery will never replace the stock recovery. That's not how the new Motorola phones with locked bootloaders operate.

We hijack the bootup process to load the pseudo recovery environment before the majority of the OS starts, and that's how we're capable of writing to /system and such like a real recovery could do.

The Bootstrapper app is hard coded with 2.5.0.6 in it, so whenever you reboot recovery from that, that's what'll load.

If you do it from ROM manager, it loads the update to 2.5.0.7 (or whatever latest version) every time before starting up the recovery environment (that's what that little envelope looking thing is doing).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones