Clockworkmod recovery not working

Last Updated:

1. metfan4

metfan4 Member This Topic's Starter

Any time i try to boot into recovery it doesnt work. It sits at the m logo for a minute then goes black, then back to the m logo and boots normal. Any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. msprygada

msprygada Member

I try to do the clockwork recovery or any roms and the droid reboots to the black screen with the triangle exclamation point and droid and just sits there.

I pull the battery and the phone starts normally.

Any help as to how to get past this. When I first installed ROM Manager I did take a backup of the stock ROM and worked successfully. I get the same problem if I try to backup the current rom again.

3. Trofn8er

Trofn8er Active Member

If you flash an older version CM then flash back to the current version everything should work.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

An alternative fix is to flash SPRecovery then flash CLockworkMod Recovery AGAIN. CWMod is finicky that way.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

The easiest way to do is Trofn8er suggested. If you go to the rom manager market page it states to do that if it does not boot back up into recovery.

6. obstar85

obstar85 Well-Known Member

I know when I was getting this issue a flash alternate recovery and then flash clockwork would let me reboot as soon as it was done.

7. msprygada

msprygada Member

Reflashing the CM worked. But I kept getting the problem with the latest version so I had to go one version back. All is well and I have already flashed Ultimate Droid v8.

Lovin' it so far.

Thanks all!