• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod Recovery

dewalist

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
Connecticut
Does anyone know where I can find the instruction manual for ClockworkMod Recovery?

I want to know what each one of the options does, and when it should be used. If I use app2sd should I be wiping something extra when I install a new ROM? What does it do when it wipes the cache partition and dalvik?

Does anyone know where I can find the instruction manual for ClockworkMod Recovery?

I want to know what each one of the options does, and when it should be used. If I use app2sd should I be wiping something extra when I install a new ROM? What does it do when it wipes the cache partition and dalvik?

Looks like the author has put own, dedicated web page for this: Official Homepage for the ClockworkMod Recovery.

I don't see any documentation / instructions though, and the forums seem a little thin at this point (so, I suspect the page/site is very new).

Still a lot of info. on the XDA forums though...

Upvote 0
The people should using rom manager to flash ra's recovery not clock work, there is an option to flash ra's at the very bottom of the app. And just for your info I had been using clock for about a month and a half before I got my brick with that recovery.like I said you have been warned, stick with ra I haven't see any problems with that one.
And so you don't think I'm making it up read that thread
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/110354-phone-wont-boot-up.html
He has to get a new phone now because He wont be able to flash any roms or restore any backups he may have. When I was in his situation i tried flashing the root rom to see if that would work and it didn't, it just failed and wasn't able to do anything after that.

Upvote 0

umm... thanks? :eek::D

first this thread is ancient history... not really needed to be brought to the top. second,that guide is very general,and does not pertain specifically to the eris. i still would not reccomend using clockwork recovery on the eris,as it has led to some bad situations as described above.

Scary Aliens "tracball optional" version of Amon_Ra is,IMO,the best and safest thing to use on eris :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones