ClockworkMod Recovery

1. bcm914

bcm914 New Member

Hi All,

I just bought a Droid X (Verizon) from someone on Craig's List. When I power the device on, a screen comes up with the heading, "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6". There are also some options, such as "Reboot System Now", Backup and Restore, etc. I'm just trying to get the phone to turn on so I can use it. This is my first smart phone, so I really have no idea what to do to get the phone to function normally. Any help that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-B

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The phone that you bought is rooted (not necessarily a bad thing). Basically it means that the person before you "hacked" it so that you could have full admin access to the phone.

For the best advice, the guys in the DX section (here: Droid X - All Things Root - Android Forums) would be able to offer you the best advice be it turning it back to stock or putting a customized OS on it.

Best of luck!
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

moved to the above linked forum.
  4. kg2128

kg2128 Well-Known Member

Did you try selecting reboot system now? Normally that option would boot you into whatever is installed on the phone (stock or custom rom). If you already tried that and it brings you back to clockwork recovery, the previous user probably messed up installing a custom rom, or modifying the stock one.
  5. FreeWELL

FreeWELL Well-Known Member

the camera button selects

volume up/down navigates
  6. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Let it boot into ClockWork Recovery. Navigate using the instructions freeWell gave you. Select "wipe data/ factory reset". Once that is complete select "reboot phone". Once you are booted up in the OS go into your app draw and find an app called Droid 2 bootstrap (it may also be Droid X bootstrap). Hit "bootstrap recovery" but do not hit "reboot recovery" Restart your phone from the power button.

This should make the phone boot up like normal. Let us know how you make out.