ClockworkMod/ROM Manager issue

Last Updated:

1. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know similar topics regarding ClockworkMod/ROM Manager have been discussed, but I'm having a new issue and can't seem to find any info about it. Here's my issue: My backups don't work. When I try to flash one I'm being told there is an "MD5 mismatch." This happens when I try to restore any of my backups - including one I just made about an hour ago. I'm in the middle of flashing the newest Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM and I goofed while restoring some things. I wanted to go back to v1.71 and start over, but I'm getting that error message. Perhaps not coincidentally, I have been unable to make any backups straight from ROM Manager. Nothing would happen. It isn't like the issues many of us have had in the past where it would appear to be booting into recovery and then just reboot. This time nothing happens at all. So my most recent backup was made by manually booting into recovery and going from there. I'm a little concerned. Any thoughts?

Oh, and when I was having the issue using ROM Manager to make backups, I tried the old trick of flashing SPRecovery and then re-flashing ClockworkMod. Still didn't do anything.

Advertisement
  2. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

make sure your backups dont have like super special characters. Also no spaces. I have had that problem before and I made sure that the special characters that definitely worked was _ and -.

3. maxnicks

maxnicks Well-Known Member

I'm running CM6.1 blah blah blah. You may want to go post your issue on the CyanogenMod forums. CyanogenMod Forum.

4. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

there is no need to post on the CM forum if someone here knows the answer. That actually reminds me of someone on a customer support thingy referring the caller to someone else because their too lazy to help. Not saying you are but still thats the point of the forums. To ask for or get help. Not to direct people to other sites.

WilCIWS likes this.
  5. cubstuff

cubstuff Member

I had the same issue (MD5 Mismatch). I had to go to the bottom of Rom Manager and flash an older version of ClockworkMod Recovery / 2.5.0.1 would not work for me, so had to go with 2.0.2.4). Worked OK after. Hope this helps.

6. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haven't had a chance to get back on here, but my issue magically resolved. After a few reboots, etc. my previous backups started working again despite not doing anything different. To those of you who actually attempted to help, thanks for your assistance.