1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Clockworkmod Tether install error

Last Updated:

1. anno1d

anno1d New Member This Topic's Starter

Hope Im posting in the right place. Problems installing clockworkmod's "tether" to my laptop, getting errors. Installed to my to my windows 7 desktop no problem works great with Droid 3.

When I run the TetherWindowsSetup.msi file, it starts to install but fails with these errors:

. Device node created. Install is complete when drivers are installed...
    Updating drivers for TAP0901 from C:\Program Files\ClockworkMod\Tether\win32\i386\OemWin2k.inf. Drivers installed successfully.
    There was an error running tapinstall.exe. Please send this log to the developer. Press Any Key to Exit.

AND

ROOT\NET\0001: Removed on reboot
    The 1 device(s) are ready to be removed. To remove the devices, reboot the system. There was an error running tapinstall.exe. Please send this log to the developer. Press Any Key to Exit.

I could see if the app was buggy but it works fine on the computer I dont need it on. I've searched myself silly, even installed msi logging. Gonna need sedation soon, sure would appreciate any assistance i can get. Thx

Advertisement
  2. almyz125

almyz125 New Member

Are you on windows 8 x64 by any chance?

3. davidtheprof

davidtheprof Active Member

I've got the same problem on a Windows 8 Samsung Series 9 laptop. I can get pdanet to work (via USB, not bluetooth or wifi), but not Clockworkmod's tether program.

4. metathiax

metathiax New Member

I have the same issue on Windows 8 it also won't allow running as admin for the setup package.

5. metathiax

metathiax New Member

*snip*

6. metathiax

metathiax New Member

I found a solution on another site here is what you need to do to get it working on windows 8:

This worked for me so hopefully this will get you guys working as well

7. bigcol

bigcol Active Member

Having trouble with this myself. Ive installed the free version of clockworkmod tether and have installed the tether program on my windows 8.1 laptop. Everything went to plan once I installed the program on my lappy. When I switch on tether in the clockworkmod tether appon my GS2 it works and when I click run in the tether program on my lappy, I can see my phone connects ok but then I get contiuous scrolling messages saying "checking phone status". I have tried using both Chrome and IE but theres no connection. What am I doing wrong? Any help or advice with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. :confused::confused::confused: