• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

It has been a while since I played with my Prevail (I gave it to a family member), but I think I may have the archive with the files you need to be able to Odin in CWM.

Edit: here we go

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx5M0Y14JN5nQVJZYUtUQVBCTUU/edit?usp=sharing

Hey code On my other post you said using CWM To partion the Sd card for my internal memory issues, Do you think you can give me a stupid guide or add me on skype or something and assist me? Thanks mate for CWM Reguardless

Upvote 0
Hey code On my other post you said using CWM To partion the Sd card for my internal memory issues, Do you think you can give me a stupid guide or add me on skype or something and assist me? Thanks mate for CWM Reguardless

It is not too hard to do. CWM is menu operated. Do make sure you backup anything on the sd card before doing it though as the process does wipe the card. I trust you got CWM on your phone ok right? PM me if you get lost on it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: salgadoadiel12
Upvote 0
Hey, Im new to posting but not to the forum.
Iv'e recently rooted my prevail. I have done so in the past and it has proven quite exquisite...
Yet I have a problem, cwm wont restore the stock backup i made. I understand that since the back is in rfs format cwm wont support it but is there a way to reformat it or something? Im not trying to lose the media i backed up and shouldve seriously backed up on pc but now cwm is the only way of retrieving my information...
Any advice would be appreciate, thank you

Upvote 0
Hey, Im new to posting but not to the forum.
Iv'e recently rooted my prevail. I have done so in the past and it has proven quite exquisite...
Yet I have a problem, cwm wont restore the stock backup i made. I understand that since the back is in rfs format cwm wont support it but is there a way to reformat it or something? Im not trying to lose the media i backed up and shouldve seriously backed up on pc but now cwm is the only way of retrieving my information...
Any advice would be appreciate, thank you

Not sure if you can change any of that or not.

Have you tried an advanced restore? Is your backup the same rom as you are running now? Try to just restore the sdext, that will restore apps and data. Make sure you make a backup of right now first before trying that. It may not work due that it was rfs, other than that, you might have lost that info.

Upvote 0
ok...so I gave up on trying to restore the backup...instead I dl pandora recovery and recuperated a few gb of data ^^ , and went on about my happy ways lol....
To cwhatever, whenever I would try to advance/restore anything and fail the phone would get stuck on the "Samsung Mobile" boot screen... =/
Regardless, I gave up on that.

I do have a question though...

Has anyone encountered network connection errors after having rooted their prevail?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to ask a question of hroark13. I see he's listed as a developer and I'm wondering if he might have an answer to this post, where I'm asking where the specific tone for "...searching for service" is located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyesxl

I want to continue to get notifications thru wifi. I'm also trying to get rid of the tone because I use Pandora thru wireless speakers. I don't mind the once in a while notification tone but would like the searching tone to be disabled... and I still want to get txt and calls when signal is 'found'.

LordVincent90 says:
But, as far as the location of the sound is concerned, I'm almost certain it's located in /system/media/audio/ui/ but I'm not sure of the name of the file... :eek:

I searched here, and other places, and it wasn't there

Reactions: kskillz
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Couldn't believe that was you at first! I have moved to S3 also but still have my Prevail running CM7 and your CWM as a cheap backup if necessary. Great alarm clock and MP3 player.

What phones are your developing for now?

hi

not really doing much dev work lately, last phone I put a lot of time in was the LG F6

this stuff eats up a lot of time that I dont have, I will probably still dabble a bit from time to time when I have free time

Upvote 0
hi

not really doing much dev work lately, last phone I put a lot of time in was the LG F6

this stuff eats up a lot of time that I dont have, I will probably still dabble a bit from time to time when I have free time

hey man... i couldn't figure out how to send a private message on this site but i could really use your help with my ZTE Z740. It's bricked (I think?) and stays stuck at the AT&T loading screen. I tried installing the drivers as per your thread's instructions but my PC won't recognize them. I'll go into more details if you can help me figure out how to talk to you without clogging up another thread with these posts... if anything, please feel free to email me eightypea@gmail.com ty.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hi

Hell hroark could help cyberdev with zte z998 cm11 ROM he's having issues with the kernel were all excited for BC there are no ROMs for the zte z998. Or could you make cm11 for zte z998?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones