• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root clockworkmod won't update?

Viral

May 3, 2010
Hello!

I have the premium rom manager and when I download the latest clockwork mod it says it's downloaded 2.0.2.1 and it will install it and it looks like I'll be running 2.0.2.1

but when I reboot my phone and go back into recovery it will say its 2.0.1.3

do I need to run the revoked tool to get 2.0.2.1 on the phone?

thanks!

I tried to do it with the unrevoed and it flashes with 2.0.1.3 lol

can I manually install 2.0.2.1 if i have the zip?

I guess I need to adb shell or something right?

I had this happen also. I ran free Rom manager and it tells me current is 2.0.2.1. It downloaded but did not install or something. Recovery still said it was 2.0.1.0 I think. I installed zip and now it says 2.0.2.1. Whether or not it did anything I don't know.

Upvote 0
We don't have the NAND flash chip unlocked. If you use ROM Manager to install the newest clockwork and then use Rom Manager to boot to recovery you will see the package install icon as it installs clockwork and when recovery loads it will be the newest version of clockwork.

BUT it does not stick because if you power off the device and boot to recovery from a powered off state it will be the old recovery. The only way to make it stick right now is with the unrevoked flash tool and they have said if there is an update to Clockwork that we need they will update the tool to flash it.

Reactions: silverxbv2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones