ClockworkMod

Last Updated:

1. FulciLives

FulciLives Well-Known Member

OK guys here is a link that I found:

ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

So I did that and installed ClockworkMod.

I think I did it correctly.

My question now is: How do I access it ???

Advertisement
  2. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

Go into recovery mode. Turn your phone off. Press and hold volume up and power. You can let go of power after the samsung boot logo, but still keep volume up pressed. When you see the android with the white open box you can let go of volume and hit your menu button.

That's clockworkmod recovery.
  3. FulciLives

FulciLives Well-Known Member

Oh that's how I installed it LOL

I didn't realize you did the same thing AFTERWARDS to access it *blush*

LOL Thanks!
  4. surgerush

Lol, not a problem... I was slightly confused after doing it as well, I assumed I could pretty much do it all through rom manager, but that wasn't the case.
  5. tr0yzs

tr0yzs New Member

Ok so im rooted using zergrush so all i need ro Do is put this zip file into sdcard/sdx/zip boot into recovery usind vol. Up, power Apple zip and i got clockwork recovery i remeber with other phones u cant apply zips with stock recovery. Just wanna make sure i dont eff anything up

Also should zip be on external sd ir Internat
  6. surgerush

Internal sd
    tr0yzs likes this.
  7. tr0yzs

tr0yzs New Member

Ty just applied it ask went well now What is there for tweaks since im rooted using zerg Do i have to return to stock before i reflash a rom ir no. also can i floh The kernel over what im running or no ty in advance for ur help
  8. kevintran98

kevintran98 New Member

They said
    to install Clockworkmod
    I comfused , how to flash with recovery ? ,how to install it? (new),
  9. surgerush

kevintran98 likes this.
  10. gvc

gvc Well-Known Member

pcorlatan likes this.
  11. gmolds

gmolds New Member

Well I don't think that's the case as I just did a backup straight from the menu and it defaulted to \clockworkmod\backup\DATE
  12. surgerush

The new cwm says internal sd, but it's really the external. When you backup or restore from internal sd, you're really backing up or restoring from the external.

It all works. I've done backups and restores without problems.
  13. kevintran98

kevintran98 New Member

Hey, if I want to update this new CWM i just need to flash it from the old CWM right ?
  14. surgerush

Yes
    kevintran98 likes this.
  15. gmolds

gmolds New Member

I believe I did everything correctly from stock to Peach1.2...

I fiddled around in there and realize that I forgot to export my contacts... nearly 200 of them.

I did, however, use CWM to make a full backup first. If I boot into CWM do I simply restore or do I need to wipe some of the directories in the same manner as I did when installing Peach?

And if so, should I be worried about the backup I made which is in the \clockworkmod\backup\ directories?
  16. surgerush

Is your backup on your internal or external sd?
  17. gmolds

gmolds New Member

Both.

And I got impatient. It seems like to get back to stock I was able to just restore. Everything seemed to work fine. I didn't have much customization in either the stock or Peach setup so that might be why. I was able to export my contacts and save the extra pictures that got wiped and then re-Peach.

For future reference, would I need the important stuff to be on the external SD and then do the full system wipe?
  18. surgerush

Yes, you want your important stuff on your external. Unless you do a superwipe, it won't touch your internal either, but it's better to be safe.
  19. kevintran98

kevintran98 New Member

One last question, do i need to wipe anything before update?
    (For safe) tks
  20. surgerush

Before you flash cwm? No
  21. dan122686

dan122686 New Member

Okay, but when you get Rom Manager and you go to "backup current rom" what kind of model do I click on? because the Exhibit 2 isn't on there....
  22. Metups

Metups New Member

The filenames of the nandroid backups are supposed to be the current date and time, right? My nandroids all start with "1970". Is there some setting in CWM that allows the filenames to start with the correct date?

Edit: Ah, OK, I found a thread in XDA that says that this is an issue with my version of CWM.
  23. bobylopo

bobylopo Active Member

how do you backup?
  24. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Nandroid backups are done in recovery.