• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwrk installed but no root access

thrgd456

Lurker
May 5, 2012
I was successfully rooted until the 4.0.4 update. I was still unlocked so I "fastboot flash recovery twrp-crespo4g-2.0.0RC0.img"

OK, that worked after a couple tries. So now I can use clockworkmod in recovery mode. I wiped both cahes. I flashed "root.zip" and then "su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip".

Ok, root checker says I do not have root access. I see Superuser now as part of the operating system but I cannot use wfi tether beta 6 or beta 11. These apps start "with errors, check log file" (there is no log file, btw, when I check it) and FoxFi also starts but does not actually connect to the internet.

How could I have clockwork installed but NOT have root access?

The phone is unlocked which allowed you to falsh a custom recovery. A custom recovery has nothing to do with root. You need to run the Superuser application and go to settings and then update the su binary the version you flashed is no compatible with 4.0.4 (it may not allow you to update though because it is not compatible). If that doesn't work go here and get a working ICS su binary. http://goo.gl/CrMf1 Use the recovery to flash that SU and then check for updates. I think that is 1 rev behind the current one but it is a working ICS su binary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones