Clone sim suggestions options?General

Last Updated:

1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

How easy is it to clone a sim?
    Reason I ask is I'd like to use my old s3 for work I don't want and cannot afford x2 lines, I'd like to be able to just switch one phone off and the other on as and when needed, obviously I won't need both phones running together so I shouldn't get a network issue, ( altho I think the operators are missing a trick with this one, all that's needed is as one phone turns on the other turns off via an app or sms etc).
    there's so many of us builders and people in hard dirty jobs where our phones get smashed made useless within weeks due to dust scratches etc I think it would be a big market if one of the providers could get this to work with a small cost increase and we buy the second handset, at the end of the day the allowances would be the same (most peeps on unlimited anyways these days) but why should we need to fork out for 2 line rentals when one phone is off the other is on and visa versa?

Swapping sim can be done yes but as I've just done there's a flurry of config messages and what's app needs setting up each time etc, how long will the sim last doing this every day twice a day or so?

So any options or ideas?

2. thequeenscheese

3. tavarich

tavarich New Member

There is an option to send your phone number to another phone. I have to use a regular phone in my workplace no cameras and all the GPS stuff not allowed. I just get on the good phone and have my calls sent to the other sim card. It's not the perfect solution but it works.
  4. smith058

smith058 Well-Known Member

Call forwarding?
  5. thequeenscheese

Call forwarding requires another no. And contract/ pay as u go, for me id need internet as i require to look up phone no. s addresses etc and the satnav at times it seems other countrys off the option (read something on ao2 forum)., im notsure tbh why uk provideds dont/wont do it why shoukd i have x2 unlimited contracts or paying phones that dont use the same minutes allowances when one is always turned of or not in use..
  6. thequeenscheese

Well others offer 2 sims one number where calls go to first one to be switched on/ primary handset, or the one thats not off, i think orange do a similar thing for bussiness customers, voda is where im at..
  7. thequeenscheese

8. thequeenscheese

Pretty annoyed with vodafone tbh I posted that link in the forum and it was to moved for competiotion rules or something.. So exactly how am I supposed to ask them if they do a similar option?