Close applications automatically

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Good morning! :D

Being new to the Android, I was wondering if there is a program out there that will close your application permanently once you're finished with it? I know Task Killer is out there, and use it quite frequently, but I'm noticing that when I get out of DroidLive, Google Maps, etc. they stay running in the back ground and the phone will start to get sluggish.

Also on Bootup the phone boots Facebook and Google Maps. Any way to disable this?

Thanks for the help!!
    Shayne

Advertisement
    :
  2. daninbham

daninbham New Member

Try Automatic Task Killer, it works really well for me.

Dan
  3. Bxsteez

Bxsteez Active Member

This app isn't free but its amazing. Advanced Task Manager. Its worth every dime
  4. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Does this app give you the option when yohit the home screen, or does it always do it automatically? I'd like to be able to multitask when desired...
  5. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

is there a "real world" reason to bother? I've only had it for a couple days but it seems MUCH better at memory management than any windows mobile phone I've had. Aside from loading the camera I can't recall having any noticable lag switching to a new app.
  6. daninbham

daninbham New Member

It does it automatically but you choose which apps it should close. Close about half of the apps on my Droid and let the others run.
  7. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i just installed advanced task manager..i see how to kill things but how do you set it up to automatically do things how does it all work?..and on the uninstall tab within the app it actually gives you the option to uninstall certain things that came with the phone like say amazonmp3 i dont want that if i tried to uninstall it through there would it cause any problems since it came with the phone?
  8. iamloco724

anyone?
  9. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

it won't let you uninstall apps that came with the device
  10. iamloco724

alright..what about the automatic features its suppose to have how do i use those?
  11. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member

Awesome program. Thanks for the suggestion!! I like that it waits until the phone goes to sleep to kill the selected apps...then when you wake the phone back up it tells you that you have "x" amout of free memory again!

:D

Shayne