• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Close but no cigar

Hi, having some problems with lg p 509. Am still awake at an ungodly hour trying to resolve issues. I ran gingerbreak, have superuser installed, following instructions on xda website under how to root. I'm pretty sure I'm in adb shell, but when i type adb shell su, or adb shell sudo su in command prompt, answer is always "permission denied." Root checker says I have root, but can't obtain superuser permissions. Have checked many threads, but haven't found remedy yet. Can anyone please help me? I will wait till reasonable hour for response.

Updating root situation. I have now gotten up to flashing custom recovery. Its in root directory of sd card, along with flash image, but unable to navigate to them upon hard reset of phone. Phone just reboots normally. Haven't found a way yet to flash these programs upon startup. Will next try opening them on pc and copying to phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones