Close to Root for GingerbreadSupport

1. ognimnella

ognimnella New Member

Okay so I upgraded to GB 2.3.4 on my Echo, and, low and behold root was gone when I got it! This was a big disappointment. Also, the phone doesnt even have a recovery installed, which is a bigger bummer! SO, my friend KyoceraEchoMax and I are aiming to find root for the Echo. We have made significant progress, because we now have the stock /system directory, as well as the stock kernel, for the Echo! If you want to watch our progress as it unfolds, we have set up a brand new website called Hear the Echo in which we report everything Echo, plus give our fellow Echo-ers access to things such as the Stock Rom and Kernel downloads (just sign up for the site to have access to them!). The site was created originally because XDA doesn't have a Kyocera Echo forum, and that really sucks. I know that there are Devs out there who can help us out with this! So I have a request before I end my post. If you would like to become a developer for Blakkfire Developers (Our deving team), please email me at bfg_sgtrecon@hotmail.com, or sign up for the site and send me a PM. We are in need of various things, some of which include:

Recovery building/porting
    Rom deving (apps, UI, etc.)
    Kernel building (the battery life on this thing sucks man)
    Site builders (we hope to build a better looking site once we get some advertisement/support/donations)
    Getting the word out about the site
    ...and many, many, many other things!

We need to show people that the Kyocera Echo is not a fly by night prototype and that it deserves some major attention!

Thanks AF,
    Ognimnella

Advertisement