• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CLOSED] [OA]2.0-[STABLE] [Updated: 07/16/12]

Just flashed this on my admire and i have no problems with it. It works with reqs cwm and kernel, it's smooth like a baby's bottom and not much lag. Except mms isn't working even after restoring my apn

Yuo could try the Meton cm7 fix perhaps? Not sure if it would work, but worth a shot.
http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/556426-metron2-cm7-2-mms-fix.html?highlight=metron

If I had an Admire donor phone Im 100% certain I could get this to work for you guys.

Upvote 0
Yuo could try the Meton cm7 fix perhaps? Not sure if it would work, but worth a shot.
http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/556426-metron2-cm7-2-mms-fix.html?highlight=metron

If I had an Admire donor phone Im 100% certain I could get this to work for you guys.

Tried it and all it did was turn off my data :/. Oh yeah to add. If metropcs users want to get on the web with 3g you have to do this

1.Go to add shortcuts by touching and holding the home screen until add to home screen pops.
2. Select shortcuts,then activities.
3. Scroll down to com.android.hiddenmenu and touch it.
4.Scroll down slowly until you see browser settings and then choose it.
5.Change the proxy address to wap.metropcs.net and the proxy primary port to 3128

Reactions: SamsungAdmire
Upvote 0
Everything seems to work awesomely, except the muve/camera button doesnt seem to initialize the camera. I looked at the mapping and its all there..Maybe something to do with 2.3.6?

Just noticed that too. I'll have to look into it.
Thanks

Had a quick look, and everything is right. I'm not sure what's going on tbh.
Updating bug post.

Upvote 0
Can i flash the eq enhancement zip onto my admire running a custom rom ? It currently runs the "beats" mod . If i remove that first and then flash your zip? Does your zip mess with youtube and the video camera like the "beats" mod does on my admire? :)

This eq mod removal zip will delete the core beats audio files and restore defaults, but since I have not reworked the EQ flash since the beats installer apk has been released, it will still leave straggler lib files in /system (that shouldnt negatively impact sound, as the core files have been removed).

After the removal, feel free to try my EQ Boost Mod zip. If its not for you, or if you decide you no longer want it, just flash the removal again, and you'r back to stock sound.

Remember to make a backup, and Good Luck!

Upvote 0
I was reading into the bluetooth issue and apparantly when airplane mode was first introduced it permently turned off everything when enabled, and put everything that was on, back on, when diabled. Then people wanted an overide so they allowed wifi to be toggled and then for some reason the bluetooth toggling has been an on and off event ever since. Im not sure why because they both use the similar frequencies (and often collide). I guess on a plane theres a need for wifi more than bluetooth but airplane mode is used everywhere not just in an airplane o)

Did you have any luck with the bluetooth checkbox?
Is your name Tim ? o)

Upvote 0
This eq mod removal zip will delete the core beats audio files and restore defaults, but since I have not reworked the EQ flash since the beats installer apk has been released, it will still leave straggler lib files in /system (that shouldnt negatively impact sound, as the core files have been removed).

After the removal, feel free to try my EQ Boost Mod zip. If its not for you, or if you decide you no longer want it, just flash the removal again, and you'r back to stock sound.

Remember to make a backup, and Good Luck!

Ok thanks , but just to make sure. Flash your eq removal zip to get rid of beats. Then flash your eq boost mod zip ? Will this make my notifications/ringtones louder without messing with nothing else?:)

Upvote 0
Ok thanks , but just to make sure. Flash your eq removal zip to get rid of beats. Then flash your eq boost mod zip ? Will this make my notifications/ringtones louder without messing with nothing else?:)

That should do it, yes.
Keep in mind that this will not increase your sound as much as beats will.
In the future I'm going to be working with those lib files to see if I can make them more compatible. But as it stands with my rom now (as long as you're running stock kernel with my rom) , beats should not affect hq and hd options, just dsp manager.

if mms ends up working this will be the best rom everrr

Still waiting on an MPCS admire donor phone from anyone who wishes to donate one. ;) That will help me get mms working for you guys (as Im currently working on a fix for Cricket only due to the fact that I dont have a MetroPCS phone to develop on). Until then all I can do is guess a fix. hehe

Thanks for the props. ;)

Upvote 0
That should do it, yes.
Keep in mind that this will not increase your sound as much as beats will.
In the future I'm going to be working with those lib files to see if I can make them more compatible. But as it stands with my rom now (as long as you're running stock kernel with my rom) , beats should not affect hq and hd options, just dsp manager.

Still waiting on an MPCS admire donor phone from anyone who wishes to donate one. ;) That will help me get mms working for you guys (as Im currently working on a fix for Cricket only due to the fact that I dont have a MetroPCS phone to develop on). Until then all I can do is guess a fix. hehe

Thanks for the props. ;)

No problem man. Must give credit when credit is due. And I hope you can get one soon.

Upvote 0
No problem man. Must give credit when credit is due. And I hope you can get one soon.

Same here m8. Cuz I'd like to work on this for you (since req's kernel is ext4 [which Im working on as well -- ext4 rom])>>>

Got a surprise coming for Cricket users using OA.

I can haz OC Kernel?'
Wifout the WiFi's borken?
Working BlooToof?

...Perhaps... ;)

Attachments

• shot_000046.png
    shot_000046.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Same here m8. Cuz I'd like to work on this for you (since req's kernel is ext4 [which Im working on as well -- ext4 rom])>>>

Got a surprise coming for Cricket users using OA.

I can haz OC Kernel?'
Wifout the WiFi's borken?
Working BlooToof?

...Perhaps... ;)

dood that would be amazing!!!! great job on the rom by the way....working great...like the launcher but decided to change it to mihome launcher instead..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones