Closing Apps ClarificationGeneral

1. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

I don't use this phone often but I don't want apps running in the background after I'm done using them (Camera/maps/internet/etc). So I find myself constantly hitting the back button to close the app when finished.
    Is it normal to do this or should I leave something like the Camera running in the background by pressing the home button?

Anyone know of the cpu/battery drain when closing versus leaving running as a background app? I'm familiar with holding the home button and killing the tasks manually, but is that necessary given the battery concerns?

GS4 w/ Verizon 16GB

Advertisement
    :
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Personally I don't worry about it, and the battery life on my phone seems fine to me.
    Every now and then (measured in days, not hours) I'll long press the home button and say "Look at all the crap that I've got running" and I'll close it all, but I don't really think it makes any difference, it just pleases me to do it. :)
  3. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

I always close my apps when finished. I'm not 100% sure that it helps, but it's something I've always done.
  4. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

I come from the IOS so I didn't really have to worry about this. I find myself browsing the web and when I'm done I hit the back button tons of times until it closes and is done going through my history.
    I think I'll start just backing out using the home button and not worry about it.
    If an app like Maps is running in the background, will it continue to look for location services etc or only if I open it again?