1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

closing apps properlyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. judymiles

judymiles New Member

Hi I am new to android... I had a blackberry and when you want to close an app properly with bberry, you have to hit the menu button, scroll down to close or exit and hit the button so that the app doesnt run in the background and kill your battery... I now have an android transform ultra and do not see a close option when i have an app opened (ie. Facebook)... How do i properly close an app with this device so that it does not run in the background, running my battery down...
    Thank You

Advertisement
  2. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

there really isnt a way unless the app provides it. the only real way is to end the process with a task manager such as the Jobmanager included on the prevail and mezmerize and other samsung devices released in the earlier part of 2011. Other than that there are plenty of task killers that you can download from the market for free. just trying to find one that doesnt eat your battery is the trick. I use android assistant to stop processes from starting and it does a fairly good job of stopping them after they have been running.