1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Closing/exiting appsGeneral

1. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Why don't apps on Android have Close/Exit? I never know if an app is truly turned off.

Internet is perfect example. If I have navigated down a series of web pages and hit the return button, when I reopen the internet it's on that last page as opposed to the home page.

This is true of any number of apps.

Advertisement
  2. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member

Android is an open operating system, which makes the apps stay up, so they come up quicker, as the I phone is closed and you have to load the app every time. That is why I love Android
  3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

As time goes by and you open other apps, they will take the memory of apps you had previously used. You don't have to worry about closing. They go to the background on their own!

I love Android too.
  4. sapphire

sapphire New Member

@ERISLOVER
    i think 'open operating system' actually means that it has open source code...:)

some apps (minority) have a quit buton. nimbuzz for example

majority: when you send an app to the background it is paused. if you dont use it for a while then it is killed (usually).

if you want to be the one in charge of killing then download Process Manager or something similar and do your own will:) however it will not stop the app from starting again (most likely)
  5. Download Advanced Task Killer. I use it to end those programs that start up and start to bog the phone down. The OS cleans up garbage files, but not garbage apps. And until we figure out how to remove FootPrints, Voice Dialer, Visual VM, and all that other bloatware VZW has tossed on there, a task killer really helps a lot in my experiences.