closing web pages

Last Updated:

1. richardfazzi

richardfazzi Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everybody!
    This is my first time here and I picked up a Droid last Friday and have already learned a lot about this phone. One problem I would like to know is how do you exit web pages without turning the phone off? When I hit the browser icon, it takes me back to the last page which is still open and I don't know how to close them.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much and I look forward to learning all I can about the Droid from all the smart people on this board.

Rich

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Hi Phases? ;) (if you dont get that don't worry, inside joke around here)

Anyways, not sure why you would want to close pages, it wont really eat up your RAM because of the way Android is designed and built on Linux, it can free up memory as needed. However, some people find it helpful to use a task killer application like Advanced Task Killer. You can download the free version from the market.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

To close the pages you can hit menu then tabs (I think) and hit the X to close out the ones you don't want.

4. iFrostyy

iFrostyy Well-Known Member

When you are in Browser>Menu>Windows>Click X. Then it will send you back to your homepage.

Welcome to the forums, you will learn alot my friend, i remember being a Droid nub (;