1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud Based Storage App?

Last Updated:

1. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I'm the proud new owner of a Motorola Droid, coming from a Treo 650. There are quite a few cloud-based storage services out there now (Google Docs, DropBox, etc.), but none seem to have clients for the Android phones. I searched the market, and I did find a few 3rd party apps for things like DropBox, but most had mediocre reviews. Anyone use a desktop app/android app/service combination they are happy with and care to recommend?

Advertisement
  2. wilceaux

wilceaux Well-Known Member

I have been hoping to find something as well.
    All I can tell you is that Dropbox is supposed to be coming out with an app very soon.

3. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

I'm pretty satisfied with DroidBox (dropbox 3rd party app) right now honestly. Of course, that might change once an official DropBox app comes out, but I haven't really found anything that bothered me about it. It does what it's supposed to do, and definitely is nice when I don't always have to connect my phone to my PC to transfer small files or send myself emails.

4. RTAdams89

DroidBox seems to work OK. The syncing is a bit weird, as is the ability to natively edit some file types but not others, but overall it gets the job done. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

There is a Google Docs client for Android that is quite good. I have been using GDocs (available in the market) with no problems. I have read some of the negative comments but I have not experiences any of the listed problems. A prime example of YMMV.

6. RTAdams89

I'm using the GDocs app and have also tried DroidBox with DropBox. The problem with both of these is that their two-way syncing is limited/non existent. Both get online files really well, but getting files from the device to the cloud is a different story.

7. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

^ I haven't had any problems uploading files from my phone to DropBox through DroidBox.

Just navigate to the location in DroidBox in which you want to upload a file, press the menu key, click the green upwards pointing arrow, and choose your file.