• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"cloud gallery" popping up?

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Just the last few days, anytime I plug my phone in, it shows something on the status bar I hadn't seen before. It says "Cloud Gallery Hiding duplicate images".

The thing is. I turned off Dropbox automatic upload, and I use Google Photos through Google +. None of them have that symbol of a cloud outline for them either. I have already cleared the data on both my Gallery and Quickpic which I use.

I checked under accounts and can't find anything I'm signed into that is doing this. I shut off "Verizon Cloud" which I wasn't using anyhow, and it still shows up. I can select this thing and cancel it, but then it comes back when I plug in next time.

I don't want to just let it update whatever it is, because I didn't even ask it to do this in the first place. I see no app to disable for this either. Ideas? I have a stock, Verizon, unrooted M8 on 4.4.4, sense 6.0

Just the last few days, anytime I plug my phone in, it shows something on the status bar I hadn't seen before. It says "Cloud Gallery Hiding duplicate images".

The thing is. I turned off Dropbox automatic upload, and I use Google Photos through Google +. None of them have that symbol of a cloud outline for them either. I have already cleared the data on both my Gallery and Quickpic which I use.

I checked under accounts and can't find anything I'm signed into that is doing this. I shut off "Verizon Cloud" which I wasn't using anyhow, and it still shows up. I can select this thing and cancel it, but then it comes back when I plug in next time.

I don't want to just let it update whatever it is, because I didn't even ask it to do this in the first place. I see no app to disable for this either. Ideas? I have a stock, Verizon, unrooted M8 on 4.4.4, sense 6.0

I uninstalled Gallery updates in Setting / Apps / Gallery / Uninstall Updates. Hasn't popped up in a while.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones