• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cloudmobile down

DopeyTheOne

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
Hi All,

Yesterday I made a mistake of issuing the wrong command via adb on my device, and it looks like I have an empty phone right now. The only sign of life was an unidentified driver in the device manager showing up as QH-USBLOAD. So after some digging I was able to figure out I needed the Qualcomm drivers and a tool called QSPT, which I found together with a package called Acer Emergency Tool. After installing everything, my phone shows up as connected in DownloadMode (so it's not dead).Now, when I follow the instructions given in the tutorial present in the package (load build xml file and selecting both hex programmer and mbn files, I got an error about a coockie not being present, which, according to the tutorial, meant I had the wrong SKU. I tried modifying the xml, and provided a boot img I have from backup, and this time it went trough. Problem is, my phone should enter crashstate (bluescreen) and then the acer device is supposed to be recognised. But, that doesn't happen. I get a return of no error by the software, so in my understanding the bootimg was succesfully downloaded, still no sign of life...Any suggestions on this one?

Testing for mod
26t5c8amch854jx7opqg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones