Cluttered gallery

Last Updated:

1. Santamoose

Santamoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed the number of unnecesary folders in the Gallery? I have Camera Pictures, Camera Videos, Camera Media, All Pictures, Downloads and twitter_user_image.

Now why would I want to look at Twitter user images? Or have 2 extra folders that combine everything into a horrid mess of folders?

Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

i have a stupid icons folder :(

3. Santamoose

Santamoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It really is just a bunch of crap to look at when I go in to fiddle with my media files. Way too many folders.

4. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

i copied over a bunch of music, with album art jpgs in each album folder.

now under the default folders, i have a folder for *each album*. so, there's a "bob marley - legend" folder with one image, a "gorillaz - demon days" folder with one image, etc etc. very annoying.

have tried multiple locations for the music storage and it seems as long as it's on the SD card somewhere the gallery is picking it up. would love a work-around :)

5. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Yea, same problem.. Copied over about 50 albums all with art and now it's a cluttered mess! We need a picture viewer like the one on my wife's Eris.

6. Droid421

Droid421 Active Member

This threat has been inactive a while but the problem is still around so maybe we can get it active again and find a solution.

I have multiple folders with one image for album art that all show up as separate folders in the gallery as well. I don't think this will go away without an update that provides an option to select which folders to index. Without an update I think the best solution is a different picture viewer. I have yet to find a good free one, so if anyone knows of a good one let me know.

Pictureviewer is ok, but I seem to have a problem on the Droid with image orientation always being 90 degrees off no matter how I hold the phone and there is no thumbnail viewer.

7. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

The current gallery setup is a POS. I heard it's much improved in 2.1.

8. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I saw a pic of the Gallery in 2.1, WAY different! I hope it was accurate.

10. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

What did you name your album art jpgs as? If I recall correctly if you name them folder.jpg then they will not show up in the Gallery.

11. Droid421

Droid421 Active Member

There isn't any one consistent naming scheme. I have a huge music collection. Some have them named folder.jpg, some are named front/back cover, *band name*. There are way to many to work around this by renaming, otherwise I'd say you were on to something.

12. xvenom89

xvenom89 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the 2.1 gallery application. It is outstanding visually and also for organization. You ought to root and install the 2.1 ROM. You'll be impressed.

13. mmvvolley

mmvvolley New Member

Think If you put an empty file named ".nomedia" in any directory on your sd card, android will ignore it for media. so if you have jpegs in your download folder you can put that file in that folder so it won't show up in the gallery. think works the same for music files so they wont play in music player

14. ThermalGuy

ThermalGuy Active Member

Is that in addition to the regular smart icons folder? :rolleyes: