• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM 10.1 Not able to access storage

varunperumal

May 22, 2011
Hi all,

I have a weird issue, After updating to CM10.1 latest nightly i am unable to access any of my internal or external storage, no music, photos even the CM updater is not able to download another version. But I am able to download apps and access the sd card in the Recovery (clockwork recovery). IS here any way to fix this? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Varun

Here is a list of things i have tried :

1. Erased Cache partition, daliv cache, factory reset - did not work
  2. used sdrescan app as suggested on some forums - did not work
  3. Installed an olderversion of CM10.1 (Jan16th) - WORKED !!

How did you install the previous version of the ROM? I am not even able to access the SD card in recovery mode, so unable to download the update at all! And can't access the phone through USB too.

Upvote 0
With so many posts on the same subject, this would appear to be a problem with the latest, Nightly, build and, as such, is not unusual. Hopefully, it will be fixed in a future release.

If you are on CM10.1 then you should be prepared for these sort of problems.

Be advised that the CM 10.1's are all, "Nightly's", to date and are therefore experimental, (work-in-progress),... as opposed to the Stable and Release Candidates. It could be weeks or months before these are released. In the meantime there will be lots of features that will be non operational or broken in each Nightly release.

This ROM is not intended for daily, stable, use and is for experienced modders only. Flash it at your own risk! :ahhhhh:

These are just some of the known issues:-

"CyanogenMod10.1:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known issues
Audio: not all features implemented yet
USB: slow ums transfer speed
Camera: recording effects broken
FM Radio: unsupported, will probably never be
TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
NFC: no support on GT-I9100P is missing
Calling emergency numbers on the following carriers will NOT work: Telia Sweden, Vodafone NL, and KPN Netherlands
"

Source, here.

For a more up-to-date list of current issues with CM10.1, see the latest posts in the CM10.1 thread on xda developers, here.
Just flash back to your last nandroid backup or install another ROM using Odin.

UPDATE

See here for a solution. Update to the latest, 22, Nightly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones