• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 12.1 by LEPT feedback and constructive development MS345

Online93

Jul 26, 2015
Hello. This thread is here for those that appreciate the work done by the LEPT team on the lg leon lte(ms345), and would like to get more feedback from other productive users or present some feedback yourself about the unofficial cm 12.1 build. Refer to the rom thread by @MikeHoncho for a list of known bugs before reporting ones you find youself. Please show appreciation for the hard working devs that take time out of thier own lives to bring us the android experience we want.

Was given the opportunity to use a script from @Bichofelix that allows the CPU freqs to properly adjust accordingly to load. Been using it for 2 days and must say it has improved both battery life and heat to some degree.
I won't post it myself as it is not my property, but I'm sure if asked nicely he will provide this script with instruction on usage. I will mention that it may be a work in progress, but the script has done a fair job for me and recommend you try it out for yourself.
As for CM12.1 itself, I haven't run into any issues that haven't already been pointed out in the dedicated thread. As a refresher these are:
Camera recording - broken (soon to be fixed in a coming release)
CPU freqs - ramp much higher than they should depending on load (the script mentioned above is a temporary solution to this)
Some music streaming apps do not present audio (Pandora)
Battery stats do not properly display drainage or charging

These are the bugs that are known so please leave them out of your posts. They are being worked on!
One thing I will point out that is really bothersome to me personally is that touch boost (CPU ramps up upon touching the screen) seems very inefficient. For instance playing games, while a demanding process alone, the CPU should adjust according to how much of a demand is being called upon. Ive even experienced my phone dying and powering off while on the charger with prolonged usage of the touch screen. While yes it does provide a boost to maintain smoothness through the system while using it, it causes more battery draw and in turn heat. I'm hoping this can be removed.
Some more hopes are that of including more CPU/GPU and I/O governors, overclock for CPU/GPU/ram, DT2W and voltage controls. These are pretty standard requests in many device features so I hope I'm not asking too much
Thanks to the dev team for all their hard work and continued support for this awesome device

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aside from the known issues the 2nd build remains stable since install 2 weeks ago. I did have an issue where Rhapsody wouldn't work when connected to an aux cable at the headphone jack, but bluetooth was flawless. I might have one random reboot per day, if that. I have not noticed any battery issues, but it's usually on a charger. I would rather keep this build as-is rather than return to stock, because it's so smooth.

Reactions: dragonhart6505
Upvote 0
Some feedback from the H345 (T-Mobile) side of things:
  • Battery tracking appears to be less broken, but the phone will turn off when it's unplugged or when it seemingly randomly jumps to 0.
  • Battery discharge appears to be a bit faster over stock.
  • Baseband Version is being reported as Unknown.
  • The device reports itself as an LG-MS345 (wrong, but expected)
  • Seemingly random crashes on installing/removing apps.
Otherwise, it seems to be working great. It's smoother and faster than Stock, and seems to be better-built than stock. It would be nice to have KnockOn back, but it's not necessary.

Upvote 0
Problem 1 (no fix known)

Reboot while phone is in sleepmode (press power button to get to lock screen, press it 1nce to turn screen off)

-reboots
-on boot it will optimize all apps, I have 116 apps, takes 10 minutes.
-does not optimize apps on normal reboot.
-seems to be a global cm12.1 problem, someone changed kernals and fixed it. (Googled, its 1 of the top links).

This could take like 30+ minutes if you have a lot of apps.

Problem 2

Internet radios not working..

-no sound
-track displays playing first 1-10 secs

Fix

Install viper4android (requires root access)(sound driver).

Apparently this cm12 sound driver doesn't work with internet radio.

Fix found by dronic
http://androidforums.com/threads/cm-mod-constant-reboots.933708/#post-7043841

Problem 3

Loss of root access after install

-no root access

Fix

-flash latest supersu, the same way you flashed cyanogeod12.

Or

-easier option, go to settings>about phone>build #. Tap build # 7x, this will enable the hidden menu developer options. Settings>developer tools> enable root.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem 1 (no fix known)

Reboot while phone is in sleepmode (press power button to get to lock screen, press it 1nce to turn screen off)

-reboots
-on boot it will optimize all apps, I have 116 apps, takes 10 minutes.
-does not optimize apps on normal reboot.
-seems to be a global cm12.1 problem, someone changed kernals and fixed it. (Googled, its 1 of the top links).

This could take like 30+ minutes if you have a lot of apps.

Problem 2

Internet radios not working..

-no sound
-track displays playing first 1-10 secs

Fix

Install viper4android (requires root access)(sound driver).

Apparently this cm12 sound driver doesn't work with internet radio.

Fix found by dronic
http://androidforums.com/threads/cm-mod-constant-reboots.933708/#post-7043841

Problem 3

Loss of root access after install

-no root access

Fix

-flash latest supersu, the same way you flashed cyanogeod12.

Or

-easier option, go to settings>about phone>build #. Tap build # 7x, this will enable the hidden menu developer options. Settings>developer tools> enable root.
Absolutely NO reason the phone should ever take 10+ minutes to boot under any circumstances, even after wiping dalvik/cache. I have 133 apps and takes less than 3. Might wanna check your clock dude.
New kernels usually fix/optimize alot of stuff, especially performance. Unfortunately we don't have any other than what's in the ROM and nobody's come forward with information on whether they are building one.
Also I've never experienced a sleep reboot? Weird...
Viper4droid is among the best sound mods, but it can have adverse effects too. For instance if you do any kind of screen capture with internal audio (just me? figures...) it actually breaks audio recording. Its actually had reports of breaking phone call audio too. But hey if it works, it works! I don't stream music so its of no use to me.
SuperSU zip is entirely unnecessary as root access is built into the ROM using the instructions you and I gave.

Good lookin on the streaming fix and reports!

Upvote 0
Absolutely NO reason the phone should ever take 10+ minutes to boot under any circumstances, even after wiping dalvik/cache. I have 133 apps and takes less than 3. Might wanna check your clock dude.
New kernels usually fix/optimize alot of stuff, especially performance. Unfortunately we don't have any other than what's in the ROM and nobody's come forward with information on whether they are building one.
Also I've never experienced a sleep reboot? Weird...
Viper4droid is among the best sound mods, but it can have adverse effects too. For instance if you do any kind of screen capture with internal audio (just me? figures...) it actually breaks audio recording. Its actually had reports of breaking phone call audio too. But hey if it works, it works! I don't stream music so its of no use to me.
SuperSU zip is entirely unnecessary as root access is built into the ROM using the instructions you and I gave.

Good lookin on the streaming fix and reports!

Its happened to me 2x so far.

1. After I installed v4a, fb, skype, & gmaps. It rebooted optimizing apps which seemed like it should happen.

2. While I was driving listening to Pandora, phone was in sleep mode and it was rebooting, took about 5-10 mins for it to boot up.

Note: I was driving over a bridge and most likely changed cell towers (I drive it everyday, and it rebooted right where I lose signal for a second or 2, changing towers). Mabby it was brought on by this.

Here's a link to the forum discussing the issue. From June 2015 with cm12.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/110449-oneplus-random-rebooting-with-optimizing-apps-every-time/

Of course a new kernal may not be the answer for us atm, and I am posting from my phone, so can't say if they used the same cm12 build that was producing the problem.

If it happens again I'll report back with more info if possible.

PS. Supersu was just my go to fix, figured I'd put it in there. That menu was driving me nuts cuz Google links don't say its hidden just that its there @.@ lol

Upvote 0
Its happened to me 2x so far.

1. After I installed v4a, fb, skype, & gmaps. It rebooted optimizing apps which seemed like it should happen.

2. While I was driving listening to Pandora, phone was in sleep mode and it was rebooting, took about 5-10 mins for it to boot up.

Note: I was driving over a bridge and most likely changed cell towers (I drive it everyday, and it rebooted right where I lose signal for a second or 2, changing towers). Mabby it was brought on by this.

Here's a link to the forum discussing the issue. From June 2015 with cm12.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/110449-oneplus-random-rebooting-with-optimizing-apps-every-time/

Of course a new kernal may not be the answer for us atm, and I am posting from my phone, so can't say if they used the same cm12 build that was producing the problem.

If it happens again I'll report back with more info if possible.

PS. Supersu was just my go to fix, figured I'd put it in there. That menu was driving me nuts cuz Google
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you have GPS Location turned on since you installed GMaps? GPS causes reboots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones