Cm 7.1.0-rc1

Last Updated:

1. almahix

almahix Well-Known Member

Update available just popped up on my Droid. Checking it out now.

2. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member

Doesn't Multitask AT all. Very militant about it, too. Even going to the main screen with a music app like PowerAmp running kills the thing,stops playing. I can't use it like this...
  3. almahix

I am afraid that is true amongst most of the custom GB roms, certainly all that I've tried. Perhaps another reason why Vz or Moto never pushed out an update.
  4. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

I've had that problem since 7.0.3. However, once I ran this script, multitasking was SO much better. Read the whole post to understand how the supercharger script works, but in short, it changes how memory is managed and how much is available.
  5. Liebensaft

Liebensaft Well-Known Member

I can play Cut the Rope with this ROM and only this ROM. Text notifications are spotty, like every other GB ROM I've tried, but like I said, Cut the Rope = keeper right now.
  6. almahix

I would cut the rope too if only someone would fix the wifi issue in Android. I have a wireless router in a central location and get excellent coverage everywhere, but the wifi keeps getting flubbed up frequently, requiring me to toggle airplane mode to restore wifi. I am so tired of having to do that. I am home almost always due to illness and the 3G works ok upstairs in the back of the house, elsewhere I get 1x if anything, so I really need the wifi. PLEASE SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, FIX IT! I BEG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
  7. mihalich

mihalich Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems with Wifi on the latest continuous. Are you sure it's not your wifi router that keeps dropping you? I just had to replace my old net gear router cuz it would drop my phone and my laptops frequently (like every few hours). I just bought a new NetGear N600, and I'm getting the full 5Mb dsl speed on the phone over my wifi on the 2.5Ghz frequency. Hasn't dropped me once.

8. almahix

I have 3 wifi capable routers, and they all exhibit the same problem. None of my wireless netbooks or laptops have connectivity issues, just the damn phone. CM 6.1.2 does the same thing, but to a lesser degree. I've also tried simply stunning and liquid roms, and the problem doesn't go away. I've also tried different kernels and basebands.

When I say I often need to toggle wifi or airplane mode, it can sometimes be several times in just a few minutes. No exaggeration.

It is very frustrating, and I want to kill my phone, violently!
  9. almahix

I've been using Project Elite GB rom v5.0.2 for a couple of days and my wifi, while not perfect, seems to be somewhat more stable, an improvement over recent experiments with CM, SS, and Liquid GB roms.
  10. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I use Wifi DAILY through several access points and NO issues at all with any nightly CM ROM.
  11. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Which of the presets from the script's menu are you using on your phone?
  12. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

I used the ones from this image. I haven't tested any other values but these are pretty good.