1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

CM 7.2.0 RC3 gapps doesn't work

1. Roseka

Roseka Member

Hi everyone!
    As in the title i have CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC3-marvel-UNOFFICIAL-signed and after installing a few gapps i still can't get it to work. I go to recovery mode and install as i should but after reboot i don't have gapps in appdrawer.
    Anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

You should boot into recovery, install CM, then before rebooting, install gapps. If that doesn't work, maybe the version you have doesn't work well. Try an older version (like gapps for cm 7) and see if that works. What should happen is not that they appear in you app drawer, a pop up directing you to installing all your apps should come up
    Roseka and CafeKampuchia like this.
  3. Roseka

Roseka Member

So I did what you said and with one version I got something. Actually after installation and reboot I have window with "welcome To wildfire s", there's an android in the Middle which I have to press to continue. When I press it nothing Happens.
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I moved this thread to the All Things Root section since it pertains to a rooted device. I'm glad we have have a resident CM7 expert here (Caro) :)
    Caro332 likes this.
  5. Caro332

:proud::party:

Ok now that's a good start...but I guess it's not enough
    On the desktop, do you have the little android which says 'Tips' or something like that? I think if you go on it, it might work out.
    Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll see if there is any other option I can think of
    Roseka likes this.
  6. Roseka

Roseka Member

I did like you said and now i'm even further yet always something has to go wrong. Now i see "set up your google account" but every 5 seconds pops up "sorry! the application dialer has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" and then i have to enter pin code again.... this happens even if i skip setting up account. Funny thing is that now i don't have "settings" i appdrawer:D
  7. Caro332

Lol...Ok why don't you give me the link of the CM 7.2 you got and I'll try to flash it on my phone. I've been thinking of changing to 7.2 anyway...If I get the same error, then probably the CM version is not really stable I would say...
    Roseka and CafeKampuchia like this.
  8. Caro332

I forgot my wire at home today so I don't think I'll get a chance to get it done today. Please give me time till tomorrow to report back!
    Roseka likes this.
  9. k3yur

k3yur Member

try to replace apps of gapss with available in stock rom...will work..

HIT thankx if i helped you..
  10. Caro332

You need the apk file Fikus gave.
    Source: XDA
    [ROM] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2.0-RC1-marvel-KANG (UPDATE) - Page 181 - xda-developers

Will provide with an update with the gapps soon

update:

Well. it worked perfect for me!!!
    Here's a little guide on how I did it.
    1) download the CM7.2 zip file on the root of your SD card
    2)Download the 'settings' apk file from Fikus (When I flashed it for some reason it said 'aborted' but still worked)
    3) By using rom manager, download the following gapps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed For CM 7.1(For 2.3.5 not 2.3.4)
    4)Do a factory reset, wipe the cache partition and wipe dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    5)Flash CM 7.2
    6)Flash gapps
    7) flash settings
    8) Reboot

Let me know if it still doesn't work
    Roseka, slimchance and CafeKampuchia like this.
  11. slimchance

slimchance Well-Known Member

I've been following this thread with interest because I was planning to flash this ROM this weekend;)

I've got the CM7 file and the correct gapps file, but I just tried to download the settings.apk file (which seems pretty crucial!) only to find a dead link.:mad:

Anywhere else to get this file?
  12. Caro332

That's weird because it works for me. I right-clicked and and used 'Save target as'. Then moved the zip on the SD card.
  13. slimchance

slimchance Well-Known Member

Apologies - I didn't realise the link was on the XDAforum and was clicking on the one in this thread! I've got the file now.

'Smart boy wanted'
  14. playing around

playing around Active Member

Interesting. I Finally decided to join the CM7 converts the other day for the first time & I managed to get everything working first go no problems.
    After a full wipe I just flashed the CM7 (mine is RC1) & then flashed the latest GAPPS, I found link here Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
    I didn't need a settings.apk?
    All working well. The only thing I found I wasn't happy with was the time it took to lock the GPS but after changing gps.conf to my local server it is now almost as quick as the Sense ROMS.
    Very happy so far.
  15. Roseka

Roseka Member

Finally worked! I owe you another 10 beers! You are THE MAN! Btw. after flashing gapps i hadn't to flash settings because it was in appdraw. Thanks again :D:D:D
  16. Caro332

I'm glad it worked :D

As for the ones who already have CM 7.1 and are thinking to upgrade to CM 7.2, to be honest, fron the front side, I don't see any difference between the 2 except that Android version is now 2.3.7 :D
    Roseka likes this.
  17. anabellita

anabellita Member

hello again. so how is this done?
    After step 6 I got a message saying that old apk's had been deleted and new apk's had been copied. Is that it?
  18. Caro332

Hi!
    Roseka had said it was not necessary to flash it anymore. I assume it's because the ROM was updated.
    anabellita likes this.
  19. anabellita

anabellita Member

yeah, thought as much... I couldn't figure it out so I went ahead without it, and everything was fine ;)
  20. carlover12

carlover12 New Member

Hello, sorry for bumping an old topic here. But I installed CM7 on my Wildfire S A510e. I did everything as Caro mentioned.
    But when I reboot after flashing the mod, I get a menu asking me to touch the Android to begin. But even after I touch the android, nothing happens and the CM7 loading page appears again.
    Any help appreciated. :)
  21. Caro332

Hey!!

I think that happened to me as well (I have a pretty bad memory so I'm not sure but it does sound familiar :D)
    Switch the phone off and on again. It might be a bit slow to start properly
  22. carlover12

carlover12 New Member

Hi. Actually, I tried restarting it, no use. :(
    So now I'll flash again and if it doesn't work, go back to the standard RUU. And start over :D

Thanks for the prompt reply. :)