• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps cm10.1 sdcard mounted and visible in terminal but not file manager?!?

junkie2100

Android Expert
Mar 11, 2012
i have to assume that its a permission issue, but i cant figure out for the life of me exactly what...

heres the deal, been converting from cm10 to cm10.1 on the warp sequent, have gotten as far as to make the sd card readable using adb shell... i can cd to /storage/sdcard, do an ls, and it shows all my files just as it should. but when i go to gallery, it says no sd card, and when i go to file manager there is nothing there its just an empty folder even with all hidden files, symlinks, system files, etc shown and in root browser mode, it makes no sense to me at all

even when trying to view the size in the storage menu it says its 289mb or whatever size the tempfs is

please help save what little is left of my sanity

init.warp2.rc
on early-init
mkdir /storage/sdcard 0000 system system

# for backwards compatibility
symlink /storage/sdcard /mnt/sdcard
symlink /storage/sdcard /sdcard

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage/sdcard

vold.fstab
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.4/mmc_host/mmc2

storage_list.xml
<StorageList xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<!-- removable is not set in nosdcard product -->
<storage android:mountPoint="/storage/sdcard"
android:storageDescription="@string/storage_sd_card"
android:primary="true"
android:removable="true"
android:allowMassStorage="true"
android:maxFileSize="4096" />
</StorageList>

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones